Accountants organize business books and taxes, and they provide financial advice about how to reduce costs and increase profits. Here are a few qualities that efficient accountants have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Investigative: The challenge that comes with helping new and old clients is rewarding.
- Analytical: You enjoy crunching numbers and critically thinking to solve a problem.
- Independent: You are a decision-maker and finish work on your own.
After earning my degree I received a pay increase and a promotion to a supervisor position. The instructors are superb, helpful, and are there with you every step of the way. Also, the student services representatives are courteous and understanding; they are there to answer any questions you may have. After each assignment I completed, the staff of Penn Foster always had encouraging statements that helped me to stay on course. Congrats to Penn Foster College on being the best and bringing the best out of me.
- Shawn C., Penn Foster College Graduate
Having a degree will increase my chances of being put at the top of the promotion list. I suggest Penn Foster programs all of the time to my coworkers. I am in the military, and Penn Foster is a very military-friendly school. I got all of my materials shipped to me while I was overseas for deployment.
- Amy G., Penn Foster College Graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online community, plus immediate membership in the Accounting academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What is the difference between the Accounting Associate Degree Program and the Accounting Undergraduate Certificate Program at Penn Foster College?
The Accounting Undergraduate Certificate provides a solid overview of the basics of accounting and finance. The Accounting Associate Degree is a complete four-semester program that provides students with an understanding of accounting. All credits earned with Penn Foster College's Undergraduate Certificate are transferable to Penn Foster College's Accounting Associate Degree.
Will my Penn Foster College credits transfer to other schools?
Penn Foster College credits have been accepted for transfer into many colleges across the country. Students should check with a specific college to see if they accept our credits, as credit transfer can vary depending on the school. Also, the American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for many Penn Foster College courses. No form of accreditation guarantees that any learning institution will accept credits from any school as transfer credits. For more information on transferring credits, click here.
More FAQs >