Here are a few qualities that reliable accountants have in common:
- Investigative: The challenge that comes with helping new and past clients is rewarding.
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Analytical: You enjoy crunching numbers and critically thinking to solve a problem.
- Independent: You make decisions and finish work on your own.
After earning my degree I received a pay increase and a promotion to a supervisor position. The instructors are superb, helpful, and are there with you every step of the way. Also, the student services representatives are courteous and understanding; they are there to answer any questions you may have. After each assignment I completed, the staff of Penn Foster always had encouraging statements that helped me to stay on course. Congrats to Penn Foster College on being the best and bringing the best out of me.
- Shawn C., Penn Foster College Graduate
Having a degree will increase my chances of being put at the top of the promotion list. I suggest Penn Foster programs all of the time to my coworkers. I am in the military, and Penn Foster is a very military-friendly school. I got all of my materials shipped to me while I was overseas for deployment.
- Amy G., Penn Foster College Graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids included
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What's the difference between the Accounting Associate Degree and the Accounting Undergraduate Certificate? Are the classes similar?
The Accounting Undergraduate Certificate provides a solid overview of the basics of accounting and finance. The Accounting Associate Degree is a complete four-semester program that provides students with a thorough understanding of accounting. All credits earned with the Undergraduate Certificate are transferable to the Accounting Associate Degree.
What materials are needed/useful to have for Accounting and Bookkeeping Programs?
Like most Penn Foster programs, you'll need access to a Microsoft® Windows®-based computer running Windows® XP or later or an Apple® Mac® running Mac OS X® or later, Microsoft® Office 2013, and a high-speed Internet connection. For the Accounting programs that require Peachtree® or Quickbooks,® Mac OS X® is not supported.
More FAQs >