This program will allow you to learn the skills and knowledge necessary to accurately keep various accounting records both manually or electronically. You’ll receive hands-on training in a number of areas, from assets and liabilities to revenue and expenses. Completion of this program will allow you to jumpstart your career as a bookkeeper. You’ll earn your diploma at home—no classroom required!
Earn your Accredited Career Diploma
Penn Foster will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need:
- Balance sheets, income statements, and cash and payroll accounting
- Basics of the general journal and ledger
- Assets, liabilities, and owner’s equity
- Revenue, expenses, and trial balance
As a Bookkeeping student with Penn Foster, you can learn at your own pace, gaining new skills in a flexible, convenient way. Earn your diploma online and at home, or wherever you choose.
How It Works
Get Started with Our Career Diploma Experts Today
Here’s what you can expect when you enroll:
- Books, study guides, and learning aids
- Expert instructional support
- Access to student services by phone, message board, and email
- Chat with students and faculty, find study partners, and join tutoring sessions on the Community
- Additional resources like our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
- Graduate debt free with interest-free, low monthly payments
Become an AIPB Certified Bookkeeper
Your Penn Foster program includes exam preparation materials plus a $100 voucher to defray the cost of The American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) Certification Exam.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/bookkeeping-accounting-and-auditing-clerks.htm