This Career Diploma program will teach you all about diesel mechanics and heavy truck maintenance with the assistance of plenty of illustrations and diagrams, which will make the information clear and understandable. And as part of your program, you’ll receive study units, books, and even a graduation gift—the ASE Test Preparation Series.
Earn Your Accredited Career Diploma
Penn Foster will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need:
- Diesel engine fundamentals
- Truck electricity and electronics, including battery and starting systems
- Fuel injection, ignition, and computer systems
- Troubleshooting, failure analysis, maintenance, and repair
As a Diesel Mechanics/Heavy Truck Maintenance student with Penn Foster, you can learn at your own pace, gaining new skills in a flexible, convenient way. Earn your accredited diploma online and at home, or wherever you choose.
How It Works
Get Started with Our Career Diploma Experts Today
Here’s what you can expect when you enroll online or call 1-800-275-4410:
- Books, study guides, and learning aids
- Free Mobile Study App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Expert instructional support
- Access to student services by phone, message board, and email
- Chat with students and faculty, find study partners, and join tutoring sessions on the Community
- Additional resources like our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
- Graduate debt free with interest-free, low monthly payments
Graduates of our Diesel Mechanics/Heavy Truck Maintenance Career Diploma Program will receive the ASE Test Preparation Series.
Snap-On®Student Excellence Program
Students enrolled in the Diesel Mechanics/Heavy Truck Maintenance Program are eligible to participate in the Snap-On® Student Excellence Program. This program allows students in trades and technology education programs to purchase high-quality Snap-On® tools at a preferred student discount. Some restrictions may apply for total purchase and quantities of certain items.
to see the new Snap-On® Catalog.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Diesel Service Technicians and Mechanics, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/diesel-service-technicians-and-mechanics.htm