Home Remodeling and Repair professionals plan renovations, prepare contracts and estimates, and choose the right materials for the job. They use wood, drywall, concrete, and other building materials to update interior and exterior spaces. Here are a few qualities that effective home remodeling and repair workers have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Problem solving: Finding the missing piece can be challenging and rewarding.
- Creative: Restoring a home often requires imaginative thinking.
- Persistent: You work until the job is done, and done well.
- Honest: You are ethical in your work for customers.
Penn Foster is a great way to get ahead in a career and the way the program was set up, even the busiest person can get through it. I'm so glad I found Penn Foster.
- Guiseppe S., Penn Foster Graduate
I have had great feedback from my employer after my training from Penn Foster. I have also had other job offers. The knowledge that you learn is priceless. Penn Foster is an excellent school.
- Kenny B., Penn Foster Graduate
My overall experience with Penn Foster was great. You are allowed to go at your own speed, and the school gives encouragement to keep you going. I would recommend Penn Foster.
- James R., Penn Foster Graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids such as videos and a drawing kit
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online community, plus immediate membership in the Home Remodeling and Repair academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What opportunities are there for hands-on training in this Penn Foster Career School program?
The best way to improve your skills is to practice. This program includes practical exercises that will allow you to get hands-on experience by applying the skills you have learned.
More FAQs >