You can improve your child development knowledge for a current job or new career in public or private school classrooms, after-school and day care programs, camps or preschool centers, and government agencies or institutions. Here are a few qualities that effective child development educators have in common:
- Communicative: You listen and talk through situations with students, teachers, and parents.
- Cooperative: You are pleasant and a good communicator.
- Sociable: Spending time with others is fun and rewarding.
- Creative: Teachers often need to think outside the box to engage young children.
- Compassionate: You care about the health and well-being of others.
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
- Christina R., Penn Foster Graduate
Penn Foster is a great school with amazing people who always help and work with you through ANY situation. I experienced a fire in my home, and Penn Foster was there for me to cope through the situation. Thank you, and I will be doing another program soon.
- Claudia D., Penn Foster Graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Graduate debt free with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids included
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Child Development Associate (CDA) academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What are the requirements to enroll in the CDA Training Certificate program?
This certificate is designed to meet the CDA requirement for 120 hours of formal education related to professional child care.
Will I earn my CDA Credential after completing the CDA Training Certificate Program?
The Penn Foster CDA Training Certificate contains only a portion of the requirements needed to earn your CDA. In addition, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older and have high school diploma or GED
- Have 480 hours of professional experience working with the age group in which you are seeking your credential within the last 3 years
- Purchase an application packet at www.cdacouncil.org, pay the application fee, and complete all assessment requirements mandated by the Council for Professional Recognition
Who do I contact if I want more information on the CDA Credential?
For more information on the CDA Credential, please visit the CDA Council’s website at www.cdacouncil.org. You may call the council at: 1-800-424-4310 (toll free) or email them at email@example.com.
More FAQs >