Through the travel agent training program program you will learn how to arrange all modes of transportation for travel; how to book hotels, motels and resorts; how to recommend popular tourist destinations; and the different career paths you can take as a travel professional. When you graduate, you earn an accredited diploma and are eligible for TAP certification. There is no classroom needed – learn it all at home.
Earn Your Accredited Career Diploma
Penn Foster will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to learn how to become a Travel Agent:
- Culture, geography, and special interest areas of global tourist destinations
- Domestic and international air travel and computerized reservation systems (CRS)
- Book reservations for hotels, rental cars, and special events
- Start a tourism and travel agency
As a Travel and Tourism Specialist student with Penn Foster you can learn at your own pace, gaining new skills in a flexible, convenient way. Earn your accredited diploma online and at home, or wherever you choose.
How To Become a Travel Agent
Certification For the Career You Want
All Penn Foster career diploma and certificate programs are accredited which means you get the quality you deserve. Many of our career diplomas also prepare you for industry certifications and include preparation courses and materials to put you on the right track towards certification. We’ll prepare you with the industry skills you need to pass exams and earn certification from industry partners.
Gain an advantage with employers and a leg up on the job competition. Whether it is exam eligibility and prep books, or complete certification at the end of the program, you’ll be ready for the career you deserve and with the right skills to back it up. Once you graduate you will be able to hit the workforce with confidence.
As part of the program, you'll receive a certificate allowing you to sit for the nationally recognized Travel Agent Proficiency (TAP) certification examination developed by the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) and The Travel Institute.
Get Started with Our Travel Agent Training Experts Today
Here’s what you can expect when you enroll online or call 1-800-275-4410:
- Books and learning aids
- Free Mobile Study App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Expert instructional support
- Access to student services by phone, message board, and email
- Chat with students and faculty, find study partners, and join tutoring sessions on the Community
- Additional resources like our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
- Graduate debt-free with interest-free, low monthly payments