AutoCAD helps drafters to coordinate systems and software to create technical plans. Drafting using AutoCAD gives drafters more job options in fields such as architectural, mechanical, and civil engineering. Here are a few qualities that effective engineering drafters have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Cooperative: You are pleasant, receptive, and work well with others.
- Honest: Engineering requires integrity and a good sense of ethics.
- Persistent: Your job requires focus and determination in the face of obstacles.
Penn Foster is a great way to get ahead in a career and the way the program was set up, even the busiest person can get through it. I'm so glad I found Penn Foster.
- Guiseppe S., Penn Foster graduate
I just recently graduated. I would definitely recommend Penn Foster to others. Their support was tremendous. Thank you all for the encouragement.... Penn Foster rocks!!!
- Dahlia R., Penn Foster Graduate
My overall experience with Penn Foster was great. You are allowed to go at your own speed, and the school gives encouragement to keep you going. I would recommend Penn Foster.
- James R., Penn Foster Graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Graduate debt free with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids, including AutoCAD software and basic drafting kits
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Drafting with AutoCAD academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What are the career/education options after completing the Drafting with AutoCAD program?
Career opportunities following the completion of the Drafting with AutoCAD Program include automotive companies and dealerships, the Department of Transportation, and construction, landscaping, or patenting companies.
Is the AutoCAD software provided by Penn Foster?
A free 3-year student version of AutoCAD from AutoDesk® is available for download with your program. Or, you can purchase AutoCAD software independently of Penn Foster.
More FAQs >