Paralegals do research, write correspondence, and prepare legal documents for attorneys at law firms, legal departments, and government agencies. Here are a few qualities that effective paralegals have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and be able to analyze a situation.
- Dependable: Clients and lawyers rely on you to be organized and prepared.
- Honest: You are honest and ethical in the work place.
- Cooperative: You are pleasant and listen to what others have to say regarding projects and tasks.
I enjoyed very much the ability to become part of the Penn Foster group. The instructors were extremely helpful and kind. They were always there when I needed help or just plain needed advice.
- Ashley L., Paralegal Studies graduate
To any future students who are considering the Paralegal Program, I highly recommend that you do so, and immediately. The program is challenging and provides you with all the essentials you will need when going into the workforce. Penn Foster has a great faculty and staff that truly care about the well-being of their current and future students. Penn Foster has truly helped me obtain my degree through distance learning. I am a military spouse and, up until my last semester, I worked full-time and the convenience to be able to work at my own pace is excellent.
- Shantell P., Paralegal Studies graduate
After completing my High School Diploma at Penn Foster, I went straight to the College to pursue my Associate of Science Degree in Paralegal Studies. The instructors are friendly, professional, available, and patient. They do not just educate you theoretically but prepare you with thorough, practical knowledge for the workforce today and that of tomorrow. Sometimes, when my supervising attorney speaks it’s verbatim of what’s in my Penn Foster study guide. Penn Foster has given me an A-grade education on a pauper’s budget.
- Max G., Paralegal Studies graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Learning aids included
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Paralegal Studies academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Are other Penn Foster paralegal course credits transferable toward the Paralegal Studies Associate Degree Program?
Yes, credits from all other paralegal courses at Penn Foster are transferable to our Paralegal Studies Associate Degree.
More FAQs >