The Medical Terminology Certificate teaches the pronunciations, definitions, and spelling of medical terms and vocabulary used by professionals. This is a great option if you want to improve your medical vocabulary for job advancement or a new career. Here are a few qualities that effective medical professionals have in common:
- Organized: Keep confidential health forms and patient information in the right places.
- Honest: Insurance companies, doctors, and patients trust you.
- Dependable: Patients and doctors rely on you to be organized and on time.
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Compassionate: You care about the health and well-being of others.
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
- Christina R., Penn Foster Graduate
I would like to say that enrolling with Penn Foster Career School was the best choice that I ever made. I would recommend Penn Foster. I just have to say 'Thank You' to Penn Foster for achieving my goal.
- Francisco C., Penn Foster Graduate
Penn Foster is a great school with amazing people who always help and work with you through ANY situation. I experienced a fire in my home, and Penn Foster was there for me to cope through the situation. Thank you, and I will be doing another program soon.
- Claudia D., Penn Foster Graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Learning aids and Medical Terminology, A Living Language textbook included
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Medical Terminology Certificate academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Is this Medical Terminology certificate transferable to other medical and health career programs at Penn Foster?
This program is considered a medical basics course, and credit can be transferred to a number of medical and health career programs.
More FAQs >