This accredited program provides everything you’ll need to prepare for a better future— including preparation for the AHIMA certification exam– all at a fraction of the cost of other schools. Penn Foster will help you train at home, on the go, all at your own pace. You’ll complete real-world examples of coding, and learn how to manage records and file claims, prepare insurance forms, and handle billing for clinics, doctors’ offices, or private billing services.
Earn Your Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Career Diploma
Penn Foster will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need:
- Code diagnoses and procedures, prepare insurance forms, and handle billing
- Work as a contact between the health clinician and billing offices
- Retrieve patient records for medical personnel
- Review patient information for preexisting conditions such as diabetes
As a Medical Billing and Coding student with Penn Foster, you can learn at your own pace, gaining new skills in a flexible, convenient way. Earn your accredited diploma online and at home, or wherever you choose.
Certification For the Medical Career You Want
All Penn Foster career diploma and certificate programs are accredited which means you get the quality you deserve. Many of our career diplomas also prepare you for industry certifications and include preparation courses and materials to put you on the right track towards certification. We’ll prepare you with the industry skills you need to pass exams and earn certification from industry partners.
Gain an advantage with employers and a leg up on the job competition. Whether it is exam eligibility and prep books, or complete certification at the end of the program, you’ll be ready for the career you deserve and with the right skills to back it up. Once you graduate you will be able to hit the workforce with confidence.
AAPC Student Membership
Free one-year Student Membership in the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) also included with your Medical Billing and Coding training program.
Additional Certification Eligibility
Penn Foster's Medical Billing and Coding graduates are eligible to sit for the Certified Coding Associate credential exam offered by the AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association). Graduates may also be eligible to sit for the Certified Professional Coder-Apprentice examination offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Get Started with Our Online Diploma Experts Today
Here’s what you can expect when you enroll online or call 1-800-275-4410:
- Books, study guides, and learning aids
- Free Mobile Study App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Expert instructional support
- Access to student services by phone, message board, and email
- Chat with students and faculty, find study partners, and join tutoring sessions on the Community
- Additional resources like our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
- Graduate debt free with interest-free, low monthly payments
State Requirements for Medical Billing and Coders
Please review your state board requirements that are applicable to your field of study. State boards may impose a variety of different requirements. These requirements vary from state to state.
How Your Career Diploma Works
Learn more about How it Works.