Develop your skills with the Penn Foster Gunsmith Program. Learn everything you need to get started in the gunsmithing field from firearm identification to customizing gun sights. You will also receive the information you need to apply for your Federal Firearms License. There is no classroom needed—learn it all at home.
Penn Foster has been training Gunsmiths for over 20 years. The program was recently updated to include 10 streaming videos conveniently accessed right from your Personal Homepage, and includes a unit on modern sporting rifles that focuses on the AR-15.
Earn Your Accredited Career Diploma
Penn Foster will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to become a Gunsmith:
- Basic metalwork, metal finishing, and machine tool operation
- History of rifles and handguns, and antique firearm restoration
- Firearm assembly and disassembly
- Customizing gun stocks, mounting telescopic sights, and custom loading ammunition
As a Gunsmith student with Penn Foster, you can learn at your own pace, gaining new skills in a flexible, convenient way. Earn your diploma online and at home, or wherever you choose.
How It Works
Get Started with Our Career Experts Today
Here’s what you can expect when you enroll:
- Books, study guides, and learning aids
- Expert instructional support
- Access to student services by phone, message board, and email
- Chat with students and faculty, find study partners, and join tutoring sessions on the Community
- Additional resources like our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
- Graduate debt free with interest-free, low monthly payments