A Gunsmith builds and repairs firearms, which includes rifles, handguns and shotguns. This program is designed for:
- Gun collectors or hobbyists
- Hunters who want to learn to maintain their own firearms
- Those interested in getting a job as a Gunsmith
- People interested in opening their own Gun Repair shop
After completing my Gunsmith Program, I opened my own gun shop. Penn Foster is a great way to get ahead in a career and the way the program was set up, even the busiest person can get through it. I'm so glad I found Penn Foster.
Guiseppe S, Gunsmith Career Diploma Graduate
I have had great feedback from my employer after my training from Penn Foster. I have also had other job offers for gunsmithing. The knowledge that you learn is priceless. Penn Foster is an excellent school.
Kenny B, Gunsmith Career Diploma Graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster's online community, plus immediate membership in the Gunsmith academic group
- Books and learning aids included
- Includes over 50 short how-to and instructional videos to help you learn the material faster
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Where can Gunsmith students receive hands-on training?
The best ways for Gunsmith students to receive hands-on training is through work with their own firearms or by volunteering with their local gun club or shop.
More FAQs >