Dog obedience trainers train dogs and teach pet owners how to train and handle their own animals. As a dog obedience trainer/instructor, you can prepare dogs for law-enforcement or security, work for a dog obedience training facility or a pet store, or start a training business of your own. Here are a few qualities that effective dog obedience trainers/instructors have in common:
- Patient: It takes time and practice to properly train a dog.
- Communicative: You listen and talk through situations with dog owners, and are confident in giving commands to dogs.
- Sociable: Spending time with others is fun and rewarding.
- Compassionate: You care about the health and well-being of other people and animals.
The education I received from Penn Foster was amazing. The information in my Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor Program was outstanding. It has made a difference in how I train my own dogs. I highly recommend Penn Foster. The website is easy to navigate. When I was preparing to enroll in my program, the person I spoke with on the phone was really helpful explaining financing, the curriculum, and she was very pleasant to talk with.
- Janine G., Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor student
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. And, the online testing made it convenient.
- Christina R., Penn Foster Career School graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids, including videos, references, and a dog breed chart
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online community, plus immediate membership in the Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What are the benefits of the Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor Program?
The Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor Program teaches students the necessary skills to successfully train dogs. This program can be useful for students to use on their own dogs, or for students hoping to work at Humane Societies, obedience training facilities, or pet stores.
More FAQs >