Here are a few qualities that skilled veterinary assistants have in common:
- Compassionate: You care about others and animals hold a special place in your heart.
- Strong under pressure: Vet Assistants must manage stress and keep their emotions out of difficult situations to best help their animal patients.
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Investigative: The challenge that comes with helping animals is incredibly rewarding for those that are curious and eager to learn.
I found Penn Foster to provide everything that they promised. I completed the Veterinary Assistant Program and plan on taking another program in the future to further my education.
Barbara C., Veterinary Assistant Graduate
Penn Foster is a great school with amazing people who always help and work with you through ANY situation. I experienced a fire in my home, and Penn Foster was there for me to cope through the situation.
Claudia D., Veterinary Assistant Graduate
Penn Foster is a wonderful school. I am so thankful. I was glad that I was able to complete my program online and spend time with my family, and not be stuck in a classroom. I had some life changing events and Penn Foster was wonderful and understanding about what was going on. I will probably continue with this school to get my degree to become a Veterinary Technician.
Kate M., Veterinary Assistant Graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Graduate debt free with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids included
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Veterinary Assistant academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What’s the difference between the Veterinary Assistant and Veterinary Technician programs? How do the actual jobs differ?
The Veterinary Technician Associate Degree Program focuses on training students to help diagnose and treat the illnesses and injuries of animals under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian. The Veterinary Assistant Career Diploma Program trains students to work in a veterinary clinic helping to assist in daily non-medical activities.
More FAQs >