Penn Foster Career School’s Peachtree® Computer Applications in Accounting Certificate Program will take you step-by-step through the widely-used accounting software, Peachtree®. This online program is designed for students who have previous academic or work-related experience in accounting. Completion of the program will increase your aptitude in the field of accounting, and help you take the next step towards your career goals.
Program Goal and Outcomes
The Computer Applications in Accounting - Peachtree Certificate program teaches the student how to use the accounting software, Peachtree by Sage. Students learn how to execute accounting tasks using Peachtree software.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Install the Peachtree accounting software
- Print reports and back up data files using Peachtree
- Record, post, and complete the accounting cycle for a service and merchandising enterprise using an automated accounting system
- Understand how to analyze the business flow of transactions in automated accounting systems, including customer lists, vendor files, inventory records, and employee files
- Demonstrate knowledge of the voucher system, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll systems, and departmentalized accounting
- Analyze and solve management accounting problems relating to operations and business profitability and financial reporting
- Understand and use Excel, including its simple and complex formulas and functions, as well as its ability to incorporate useful charts and graphs
Computer Applications in Accounting - Peachtree®
This course will introduce you to two popular accounting software programs—Peachtree® and Excel.® You’ll explore how these business software tools are used to solve problems and enhance small-business decision making. You’ll also learn to apply accounting principles in business applications.
- Operate Peachtree® effectively: print reports and back up data files.
- Record, post, and complete the accounting cycle for a service and merchandising enterprise using an automated accounting system.
- Analyze the business flow of transactions in automated accounting systems, including customer lists, vendor files, inventory records, and employee files.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the voucher system, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll systems, and departmentalized accounting.
- Analyze and solve management accounting problems relating to operations and business profitability and financial reporting.
- Create and use simple and complex formulas and functions in Excel.®
- Incorporate useful charts and graphs using Excel.®
Additional Course Materials
Textbook: Computer Accounting with Peachtree® by Sage Complete Accounting
Software: Exploring Peachtree® Accounting
As you know this is an online academic program. This means you will need high-speed internet access to begin your program. In addition, you will need access to a Microsoft® Windows® based computer running Windows 7® or later or an Apple® Mac® computer running OS X® or later, and an email account to participate in and complete your program.
To view a Peachtree® Computer Applications in Accounting sample lesson, click here.
Peachtree® Computer Applications in Accounting Program Details
Penn Foster Career School will help you gain a working knowledge on how to use Peachtree® for accounting.
State Licensing Information
Licensing and/or certification requirements for jobs in this field are not the same in every state and may include educational, testing, and/or experiential requirements beyond those offered by your Penn Foster Program. You should contact the state professional licensing board or similar regulatory body in the state(s) where you plan to work to determine their requirements before enrolling in your Program. Please click here for contact information for state licensing/regulatory boards and certain industry licensing information.