The Fashion Merchandising Online Program can help students take the first steps toward working as fashion coordinators, retail store managers, or sales representatives for fashion and textile companies. Here are a few qualities that effective fashion merchandisers have in common:
- Intuitive: It’s important to stay a few steps ahead of trends and trust your instincts.
- Persistent: You need to work hard and stand by your projects and ideas to get others on board.
- Proactive: Take charge of projects and always offer opinions and advice to help others.
- Innovative: The fashion world and consumers crave fresh ideas and unique perspective.
- Creative: In fashion you often need to think outside of the box.
Penn Foster has a great faculty and staff that truly care about the well-being of their current and future students. Penn Foster has truly helped me obtain my degree through distance learning. I am a military spouse and, up until my last semester, I worked full-time and the convenience to be able to work at my own pace is excellent. My shipments are always on time and I never had any problems with getting the answers I needed regarding my coursework. Penn Foster has given me a life and a career. I feel joy to be graduating in just a few short months and I'm very happy knowing Penn Foster provided me with the knowledge I need to excel in my career. Don't think twice... please enroll today!
- Shantell P., Penn Foster College Graduate
I enjoyed very much the ability to become part of the Penn Foster group. The instructors were extremely helpful and kind. They were always there when I needed help or just plain needed advice.
- Ashley L., Penn Foster College Graduate
I am currently in my second semester and Penn Foster College is THE BEST online college for those of us who have full-time jobs and shift workers, because Penn Foster gives us the flexibility to study at our own convenience, at our own pace, and WITHOUT deadlines. And the cost is VERY inexpensive for a two-year Associate Degree.
- Todd L., Penn Foster College Student
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online community, plus immediate membership in the Fashion Merchandising academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Does the Penn Foster College's Fashion Merchandising Associate Degree Program focus more on fashion or business?
This program provides a healthy balance of fashion-specific courses and business courses such as product development, marketing, and E-commerce.
Will my Penn Foster College credits transfer to other schools?
Penn Foster College credits have been accepted for transfer into many colleges across the country. Students should check with a specific college to see if they accept our credits, as credit transfer can vary depending on the school. Also, the American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for many Penn Foster College courses. No form of accreditation guarantees that any learning institution will accept credits from any school as transfer credits. For more information on transferring credits, click here.
More FAQs >