Human resources professionals hire, train, retain and manage the type of employee talent that can help businesses succeed.
Here are a few qualities that effective human resources professionals have in common:
- Honest: Handling other employees’ issues and concerns require that you are ethical and responsible.
- Flexible: You are able to handle stressful situations in a calm and productive way.
- Amicable: It’s important to be welcoming and approachable to other employees.
- Organized: A business has a lot of moving pieces to keep on track.
After earning my degree I received a pay increase and a promotion to a supervisor position. The instructors are superb, helpful, and are there with you every step of the way. Also, the student services representatives are courteous and understanding; they are there to answer any questions you may have. After each assignment I completed, the staff of Penn Foster always had encouraging statements that helped me to stay on course. Congrats to Penn Foster College on being the best and bringing the best out of me.
- Shawn C., Penn Foster College Graduate
I enjoyed very much the ability to become part of the Penn Foster group. The instructors were extremely helpful and kind. They were always there when I needed help or just plain needed advice.
- Ashley L., Penn Foster College Graduate
I am currently in my second semester and Penn Foster College is THE BEST online college for those of us who have full-time jobs and shift workers, because Penn Foster gives us the flexibility to study at our own convenience, at our own pace, and WITHOUT deadlines. And the cost is VERY inexpensive for a two-year Associate Degree.
- Todd L., Penn Foster College Student/
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online community, plus immediate membership in the Undergraduate Certificate in Human Resources academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
How do proctored exams figure into a student's GPA?
The proctored final exam counts for 33% of a student's final grade.
What's the difference between Human Resources (A.S), Human Resources Undergraduate Certificate, and Human Resources Essentials Certificate?
The difference between the three Penn Foster College credentials (Associate Degree, Undergraduate Certificate, and Certificate), is based on the amount of coursework that is required to earn each credential. The Penn Foster College Associate Degree requires the most coursework, with the Penn Foster College Essentials Certificate having the least. Penn Foster College Undergraduate Certificate credits are transferable to the Penn Foster College Associate Degree Program, and the Penn Foster College Essentials Certificate credits are transferable to both the Penn Foster College Undergraduate Certificate and the Penn Foster College Associate Degree programs.
More FAQs >