Legal Transcriptionists type out recorded information from civil and criminal court proceedings. You can draft pleadings and discovery documents or revise completed transcriptions. Here are a few qualities that effective Legal Transcriptionists have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Dependable: Clients and coworkers rely on you to get the job done.
- Flexible: You are productive despite changes in the office.
I am proud to have graduated from Penn Foster and I would do it all over again if I had to. All of the instructors and the Student Service Reps are polite, caring, respectful, and knowledgeable. They are all willing to help and they take pride in their jobs and each student they speak to.
- Tuesday C., Penn Foster Graduate
Penn Foster is an excellent distance learning school that prepares the student well for the work world. It helped me! Thanks Penn Foster!
- Victor C., Penn Foster Graduate
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
- Christina R., Penn Foster Graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids such as the Start-Stop® Universal Transcription System and 7-disc transcription practice set
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online community, plus immediate membership in the Legal Transcriptionist academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Where could I get a job as a legal transcriptionist?
Legal transcriptionists work in law firms, independent transcription agencies, corporations, government agencies, insurance companies, banks, and for the military.
Can I transfer previously earned credits to the Penn Foster Career School Legal Transcriptionist Career Diploma program?
Yes, you may be able to receive advanced academic credit for some courses within the program, which means you can move through your curriculum faster and earn your certificate or diploma sooner. Learn more about Penn Foster Career School's transfer credit policy.
More FAQs >