Desktop Publishers and Designers create documents and web pages using software such as Adobe® InDesign® for advertising agencies, publishing houses, and corporations. Here are a few qualities that successful desktop publishers and designers have in common:
- Creative: When it comes to design, you often have to think outside of the box.
- Flexible: Projects may require compromise and different approaches for different clients.
- Innovative: Design issues will require creativity and unique problem solving.
- Dependable: Clients and employers rely on you to get the job done.
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
-Christina R., Penn Foster Graduate
My overall experience with Penn Foster was great. You are allowed to go at your own speed, and the school gives encouragement to keep you going. I would recommend Penn Foster.
- James R., Penn Foster Graduate
I just recently graduated. I would definitely recommend Penn Foster to others. Their support was tremendous. Thank you all for the encouragement.... Penn Foster rocks!!!
- Dahlia R., Penn Foster Graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Learning aids, including Adobe® InDesign® software
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online community, plus immediate membership in the Desktop Publishing and Design academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What is the difference among the Computer Graphic Artist Career Diploma, Desktop Publishing and Design Career Diploma, and the Web Page Designer Career Diploma programs?
The Computer Graphic Artist Career Diploma Program focuses on creating computer graphics, electronic images, and desktop designs. The Desktop Publishing and Design Career Diploma Program focuses on creating documents and web pages using software such as Adobe® InDesign.® The Web Page Design Career Diploma Program focuses on creating web sites using software such as Dreamweaver, computer graphics, and HTML coding.
More FAQs >