Upon completion of the program, students will be able to...
- Recognize the opportunities available in the private security industry, a historical perspective, and basic requirements for a security guard
- Examine the characteristics of professional conduct and appearance for security guards and necessary interpersonal skills
- Summarize laws and liability related to the roles and responsibilities of security guards
- Examine the elements of a citizen arrest, a security guard's limitations with physical force, and best practices in dealing with crimes in progress
- Explain the duties and security measures designed to deny unauthorized access and protect personnel and property within the scope of their duties
- Describe procedures and best practices in crisis intervention and management for handling emergencies, various types of threats and evacuations
- Describe the process required to investigate illegal or suspicious activities, accidents, and damages