When it comes to getting ahead in your career, you may wonder exactly what you are missing to take that next step. Whether you are just starting the journey that is your professional life, looking to take the next step in your current role, or trying to balance your work and professional life, the Penn Foster Student Life Blog aims to provide you with the resources you need to accomplish your career goals. Here are a few resources for people in all walks of their career that might help you gain insight into what’s missing from finding success and happiness in your professional life:
- How to Budget Your Time at Work. If you find that you don't have enough time to get things done at work, you're not alone. Here are a few ways to budget your time while at work and identify the things that eat away at your time throughout the work day.
- How to Maintain Work/Life Balance. Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is important for enjoying both work and life outside of work - but it's not always easy! Check out these tips for balancing your professional and personal lives so you don't get burnt out with your career.
- 5 Careers Where You Can Work from Home. While some people might have personal lives that require them to work from home, others simply enjoy the benefits that come from turning your home into an office. If you are a person for whom working from is a must, one of these five careers might be the one for you.
- How to Survive a Mid-Day Slump. Whether it’s an item on your to-do list that you can’t seem to start, a project that you’re stuck on, or the lack of a challenge in your daily tasks, everyone goes through a slump at work. Here are five ways to break a mid-day slump and get your motivation back.
- 7 Essential Soft Skills for Any Profession. "Soft skills" are traits that help you work well with others, regardless of your profession or work environment. Learn about the most essential soft skills for getting ahead in the workplace in this Student Life Blog post.
Identifying a career that’s right for you, knowing how to advance in your field, and being able to balance professional success with personal happiness are all keys to a rewarding professional life. Keep an eye on the Penn Foster Student Life Blog every week for more articles to help you stay career-focused and become the best employee you can possibly be!