Hotels & Restaurants
Northeastern Pennsylvania is a great area with a lot of history, plenty to do, and many food and lodging accommodations. Below we have provided links to a variety of options in the Scranton / Wilkes-Barre area.
Where to Stay:
Here are a few hotels near the arena in the Wilkes-Barre area. If you are unable to find a hotel, consider nearby Scranton, PA.
What to Do:
Looking for something fun to do while you’re in town for graduation? Check out some of these great options:
- Mohegan Sun Pocono located in Wilkes-Barre, PA, offers a number of dining and entertainment options.
- For outdoors enthusiasts, the Riverside Commons offers an easy, paved trail with beautiful scenery, perfect for a family walk. If you would like more variety, Frances Slocum State Park offers seven easy-to-moderate trails as well!
- The Lands at Hillside Farms is a historic, 412 acre educational dairy farm in Shavertown, PA. It’s also home to Hillside Creamery, where you can get delicious ice cream!
- Eckley Miners Village Museum in Waverly, or the Anthracite Heritage Museum in Scranton educate the public about the story of anthracite coal mining along with patch towns and their residents through the preservation and exploration.
- Chacko’s Bowling
- Wilkes-Barre Movies 14
- The Game Chateau is a local cafe in Wilkes-Barre that offers a library of tabletop and board games that can be played while enjoying a snack.
- Lackawanna County Trolley Museum
- NASCAR fans can head out to Pocono Raceway for a free track tour when you pre-register!
Where to Eat:
- Pizza: Grotto Pizza $
- Italian: Cafe Toscana $$
- Thai: Thai Thai $$
- Indian: New Amber Indian Restaurant $$
- Mexican: La Tolteca $$
- American: TGI Friday's $$, Red Robin $$, Panera Bread $
- Seafood: Red Lobster $$, Flaming Crab $$
- Breakfast/Casual: The Main Bean $, Cracker Barrel $$, The Scratch Kitchen $
- Steak House: Outback Steakhouse $$, Ruth's Chris Steak House $$
- Vegan/Vegetarian: CoreLife Eatery $$, Eden – A Vegan Café $
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Dining options $-$$$
Please note, transportation and lodging are not provided by Penn Foster.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To attend the 2023 ceremony all graduates must be 100% academically complete, paid in full and registered by 6:00 p.m. EST June 30, 2023. Eligible graduates received an email with a personalized link to register on May 15th. If you did not receive the email or completed the academic or financial obligations after that date, please contact Graduation Services at 1.800.232.1243 and they can assist you with registering and purchasing guest tickets.