Transportation & Accommodations
Scranton is a great city with a lot of history, plenty to do, and many food and lodging accommodations. Below we have provided links to a variety of options.
Please note, transportation and lodging are not provided by Penn Foster.
How to get to Scranton
- By Car: Scranton is located in northeast PA and accessible via the PA turnpike and Interstate 81.
- I-84 west from New England
- I-80 east to I-380 north from New York City; west from Erie, State College, and Pittsburgh
- I-476 (PA Turnpike Northeast Extension) north from Allentown and Philadelphia
- I-81 south from Ontario/Quebec and Syracuse; north from Washington DC via Harrisburg
- By Bus: The Lackawanna County Bus Station provides transportation to and from PA, NJ, & NY via Greyhound, Martz, and Colts.
- By Flight: The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport is within 15 minutes of downtown Scranton and offers flights from most major airlines.
Where to Stay
What to Do
Where to Eat