The Accounting Essentials Certificate Program provides basic training for finance in business, financial accounting, and managerial accounting. This program is a great option if you’re looking to learn new job skills, refresh or refine existing accounting knowledge, or to improve the performance of small business through a better understanding of the essentials of accounting and finance. Here are a few qualities that skilled accountants have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Investigative: The challenge that comes with helping new and past clients is rewarding.
- Analytical: You enjoy crunching numbers and critically thinking to solve a problem.
- Independent: Make decisions and finish work on your own.
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
-Christina R., Penn Foster Graduate
I would highly recommend this school. The tuition is very low, and there are no specific deadlines for your assignments. The school allows you to work at your own pace, and transferring credits from other schools is simple.
- Bradley S., Penn Foster Graduate
I want to encourage anyone wishing to do a program with Penn Foster. You will get assistance and gain tremendous benefit from Penn Foster.
- Claudia W., Penn Foster Student
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Learning aids included
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Accounting Essentials Certificate academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Can students of the Accounting Essentials Certificate Program transfer any credits to Penn Foster College programs?
Yes. Credits earned in this course are transferable to Penn Foster College’s Accounting or Finance Associate Degrees, the Business Management Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, or Undergraduate Certificates in Accounting or Business Management.
More FAQs >