As a bookkeeper, you can work for accounting firms, schools, hospitals, banks, and government agencies. Bookkeepers can have jobs as payroll or budget clerks, billing clerks, accounts receivable or accounts payable clerks, or for a sole proprietorship. Here are a few qualities that expert bookkeepers have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Analytical: You enjoy crunching numbers and critically thinking to solve a problem.
- Independent: You make decisions and finish work on your own.
If you want the best learning experience possible, choose Penn Foster. I'd recommend this program to anyone. If you're already signed up, CONGRATULATIONS! You won't regret it. The Bookkeeping Program is the best investment for my future. It far exceeded my expectations.
- Michel K., Bookkeeping Graduate
My overall experience with Penn Foster was great. You are allowed to go at your own speed, and the school gives encouragement to keep you going. I would recommend Penn Foster.
- James R., Penn Foster Graduate
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
- Christina R., Penn Foster Graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids included
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Bookkeeping academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
How can the Bookkeeping Career Diploma program help me to excel in the workforce?
The Bookkeeping Career Diploma Program will teach students how to maintain business financial records. Students can use these skills to obtain jobs as payroll, budget, accounts receivable, or billing clerks at accounting firms, hospitals, banks, and government agencies. Small business owners and managers can also benefit from this program.
Does the Bookkeeping program teach double-entry bookkeeping?
Yes, the program teaches double entry bookkeeping. All bookkeeping is done completely by hand (without the use of a computer).
More FAQs >