Here are a few qualities that dependable medical administrative assistants have in common:
- Sociable: Spending time with others is fun and rewarding.
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Friendly: You make others feel welcomed and relaxed in potentially stressful situations.
- Reliable: Patients can rely on you to work hard and perform consistently.
Penn Foster was the one school that I found where I could work at my own pace while being a mom with a busy and active schedule, and holding down employment. With Penn Foster, I was able to tell my children that while they were doing their homework, I was going to do mine. I was also able to take my courses with me when I traveled or went to the library. It was nice not to be stuck in a classroom.
- Lauri T., Medical Administrative Assistant Graduate
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
- Christine R., Penn Foster Graduate
Penn Foster is a great place to learn. The instructors are only a phone call away if you need any help. They are friendly and eager to assist. It is a truly great way to get an education. I even met a few new friends online who were taking the same program that I was. We were able to help each other when needed. I plan on taking another program from Penn Foster.
- Karen M., Penn Foster Graduate
We make sure you have everything you need:
- Graduate debt free with 0% interest
- Books, learning aids, and electronic medical records software included
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our world-class faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, plus immediate membership in the Medical Admin Assistant academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Where can I expect to work as a medical administrative assistant?
As a medical administrative assistant, you can work in doctors’ offices, hospitals, insurance companies, or public health clinics. There are also opportunities as a medical records or admissions clerk, a medical office manager, or a chance to work in a pharmacy, pathology lab, or in medical records.
More FAQs >