Upon completion of the program, students will be able to...
- Recognize the wedding industry and the skills needed to handle the demands of being a bridal consultant and identify how these skills apply to the tasks needed during the planning process when meeting with clients to determine the type of wedding the client requires
- Understand how to coordinate every detail of events, from beginning to end by recognizing the scope of the event, including time, location, and cost of working with the client to choose where to hold the event, and whom to contract with for services (for example, florists or photographers), as well as event services such as rooms, transportation, and food service and confer with on-site staff to coordinate details
- Identify how to organize and conduct wedding ceremonies and receptions by reviewing places to ensure they meet the client's requirements and recognize the various types of wedding ceremonies and etiquette to share with a client
- Know how to establish yourself as a professional by studying how to create a professional portfolio which includes identifying which special licenses you’ll need to set up suppliers, vendors, and support group source files, and define basic marketing concepts that promote the business of consulting
- Comprehend how to develop agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements; recognize how to charge clients and collect payments; set up bookkeeping and files, inventory, and billing control; know how to use appropriate business forms; and understand strategies for organizing and managing your home office
- Recognize how to monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise
- Understand how to promote bridal show services by studying tasks such as meeting with professional and trade associations, and producing brochures and other publications and design and implement efforts to publicize events