*Start for $1 offer applies to select programs.
This is Our Mission
Penn Foster's mission is to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and credentials that can help them work toward their goals of advancing in their chosen field, starting a new career, or pursuing lifelong learning.
These Are Our Institutional Goals
- Provide educational programs that enable self-motivated, independent learners to acquire core competencies in their chosen technical and professional fields.
- Employ contemporary learning strategies based on academic standards of good practice in distance education.
- Develop and maintain systems that optimize student opportunities for broadly participative, interactive learning.
- Establish and communicate high standards of academic performance for students and the institution.
- Assess student learning and institutional effectiveness systematically in order to improve student performance.
- Provide an extensive suite of student support services based on student needs and interests.
- Conduct fiscally responsible planning that balances the institution's commitment to academic excellence with its concern for profitable financial performance.
Our mission is supported by an admissions policy that allows students with appropriate prior education to enroll in programs without regard to race, religion, gender, age, color, national origin, or physical disability.
We regularly assess fulfillment of our mission and achievement of our institutional goals through ongoing studies of student learning, measurement of student satisfaction, and evaluation of career outcomes of graduates.