Name of Institution: Penn Foster High School
Address: 925 Oak Street, Scranton, PA 18515
- Year Founded: 1956
- First Accredited: 1956
- First Licensed in PA: 1978
CEO: Frank F. Britt
Penn Foster High School is regionally accredited for grades 9 through adult by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA. (215-662-5603)
Penn Foster High School is also nationally accredited by the AdvancED Accreditation Commission and the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
Penn Foster High School is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
Mission & Description
Institution Mission Statement
Penn Foster's mission is to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and credentials that can help them work toward their goals of advancing in their chosen field, starting a new career, or pursuing lifelong learning.
These Are Our Institutional Goals
- Provide educational programs that enable self-motivated, independent learners to acquire core competencies in their chosen technical and professional fields.
- Employ contemporary learning strategies based on academic standards of good practice in distance education.
- Develop and maintain systems that optimize student opportunities for broadly participative, interactive learning.
- Establish and communicate high standards of academic performance for students and the institution.
- Assess student learning and institutional effectiveness systematically in order to improve student performance.
- Provide an extensive suite of student support services based on student needs and interests.
- Conduct fiscally responsible planning that balances the institution's commitment to academic excellence with its concern for profitable financial performance.
Our mission is supported by an admissions policy that allows students with appropriate prior education to enroll in programs without regard to race, religion, gender, age, color, national origin, or physical disability.
We regularly assesses fulfillment of our mission and achievement of our institutional goals through ongoing studies of student learning, measurement of student satisfaction, and evaluation of career outcomes of graduates.
Areas of Special Focus
General Education, Health Care, Information Technology, Building Technology, Electrical, and College Prep.
Description of Institution
Penn Foster High School is one of the oldest and largest online learning institutions in the world. The school provides programs and services that are designed to meet lifelong learning needs. Programs of study lead to a high school diploma.
Courses/Programs: See here.
Tuition: See here.
Percentage of Students surveyed¹ who responded that they –
- Achieved their learning goals: 98.3%
- Would recommend the institution to a friend: 97.7%
- Were satisfied with their studies: 99%
¹ Based on 9,938 surveys received in April 1, 2018 - April 1, 2019.
Penn Foster focuses on providing educational programs and pathways that empower self-motivated, independent learners to acquire the skills and competencies needed for successful entry into their chosen technical and professional fields. Penn Foster monitors achievement and application of competencies through the review of student performance data across multiple choice assessments, completion of capstone project(s), projects, and/or final comprehensive exams and externships. Student achievement reflects the mastery of course and program outcomes for each area of study and forms the basis for continuous improvement in advancing student learning and enhancing program/course offerings. Penn Foster offers a variety of non-degree and degree courses and programs to meet the needs of a growing adult population who seek flexible and affordable educational pathways. As each individual student is unique so are the levels of achievement based on the demonstration of the knowledge, skills, and abilities gained in the chosen course or program. For program or course specific outcomes, please contact Penn Foster.