Having your high school diploma can make a big difference in your life and job opportunities. But if English isn’t your first language, you may have had a difficult time attending a regular public high school and never had the chance to finish your diploma. Trying to learn subjects in a language that isn’t the one you’re most comfortable with isn’t easy – but you don’t have to give up on getting a high school diploma! Through online school, you can take the first steps toward improving your English language skills while finishing your high school classes. Here's how.
Take English language classes as part of a high school program
While a regular public school may not have been able to provide English as a second language (ESL) classes, or you just didn’t have time to go to in-person classes, an online class could help you graduate. Through Penn Foster’s online High School Diploma for English Learners Program, you’ll be able to improve your English and earn your high school diploma online, around your work and life schedule. This is how it works:
- After enrolling in the program, you’ll have access through EnGen to English language classes that can help you improve your reading and speaking skills. EnGen is a platform that provides English language classes online so you can build the skills that can help you successfully complete your high school diploma.
- The first thing you’ll do is take a quick exam to help us figure out how much you need to learn.
- Then, you’ll be able to start your English language classes right away! You’ll be able to learn or improve your English through interactive online classes – 24/7.
- You’ll take quick exams to see if you’re English skills have improved after taking classes. After you reach a level that means you can feel comfortable with using and understanding English, you’ll be able to start your high school classes!
- After starting your high school classes, you will have access to your English language classes for 6 months if you feel like you want to review what you learned or refresh your skills.
How to enroll in a high school diploma for English learners
If you’re ready to go back to school to get your high school diploma and improve your English, it’s easy to get started. With our online High School Diploma for English Learners Program, you can enroll whenever you are ready to get started.
You can enroll two ways:
- Enroll online. You can start your high school diploma right away by clicking on the “Enroll Now” button on the website. You’ll fill out a form with your information, choose how to pay your tuition, and get started.
- Enroll by speaking to an Admissions Specialist. If you have more questions or are not sure how this program can work for you, you can speak with an Admissions Specialist. They can answer any questions you have, walk you through enrollment, and explain how to get started with your program.
Once you’re enrolled, you can start your classes right away. Remember, before working on your regular high school classes, you will complete your English language classes so you can make sure you are ready to learn in English.
Improve your English and get your high school diploma online
Having strong English language skills and a high school diploma can make a big difference. It can help you qualify for different jobs or go to college, giving you more options. To learn more about the High School Diploma for English Learners, you can talk with one of Admissions Specialists today at 1-888-427-6500!