Get started for $20* with monthly auto pay or save up to $450 when you pay in full! Offer Ends 4/30/2024
1-800-275-4410 (9AM - 9PM ET)

Penn Foster Credit Transfer Policy

You have worked hard and we know it. In most cases, we are able to give you financial and academic credit for high school transfer credits you’ve already completed - because you’ve earned it. We’ll also look at credits you’ve earned from accredited colleges to see if they qualify for transfer credits into our College program. If you have specific questions regarding credit transfer, please call our counselors at 1-800-275-4410.

High School Transfer Credits

High School Transfer Credit Process. Call us today for a transcript review at no charge and you could save an average of $250 for prior credit you have earned! To receive high school transfer credits, an official transcript from an accredited institution recognized by Penn Foster must be submitted for evaluation. Transfer credits will be evaluated for comparable high school subjects where a full credit has been earned. Since high school programs vary, only an evaluation by Penn Foster will determine the actual number of transfer credits to be awarded. The maximum number of transfer credits allowed is 15.


Continuing Education Beyond High School

Once you graduate from Penn Foster High School, you’ve earned a nationally and regionally accredited high school diploma that can help you create a better future for yourself, whether it’s a new career, an opportunity at your current job, or even an advanced degree. See which nationally and/or regionally accredited institutions have accepted Penn Foster High School diplomas.


College Transfer Credits

You may receive credit for previous college coursework if the school you attended meets Penn Foster’s standards, the course work is eligible for transfer, and you received a minimum grade of “C.” Up to 75% of required credits may be transferred.


All approved transfer credits will be deducted from your tuition.

If you wish to receive credit, contact the college you attended and ask them to either submit an official electronic transcript or mail a copy of your official transcript(s) to be sent to Penn Foster College for evaluation.


Mail official transcripts to:
Student Service Center, 200 Hickory Street, Scranton, PA 18505 (under contract with Penn Foster College, AZ).


Penn Foster accepts electronic transcripts from credential services such as Parchment© and Scrip-Safe©.  Please check with your prior school for their electronic transcript process, or access one of these websites to see if they are a participant.


It is important to note that an official transcript is mailed directly from your previous school to Penn Foster or sent electronically via an authorized credential service listed above.


Has your college closed or have you completed one or more programs at Penn Foster College and are considering transferring to another school? You can get academic and financial credit for some of the coursework you have already taken! Click here for more info.


Transferring Penn Foster College Credits to Other Schools

Some of our courses carry college credit recommendations from the American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT®). ACE has partnered with Credly, a leading digital credential provider, to provide you with badges and transcripts on their Acclaim platform. The badges contain information about your completed courses explaining what you have learned and the recommended equivalent credits. Once you have been issued and have accepted a badge, you can use Credly’s Acclaim platform to send an official academic transcript directly to an employer or a college you are interested in attending. You will no longer have to use the ACE Transcript Registry or pay for your transcripts. Instead, click “Send Transcript” from the drop down account menu in Acclaim to start sending your free transcripts to schools and employers. You can also share your badges on social media, on your resume, or anywhere else you like.

When you set up your profile, enter your information carefully, as this is an official document. To order a transcript, you will need the name and/or department and email address for the recipient of the transcript. Look on the college’s website for information about where to send transfer transcripts, as it varies with each institution.


Before you order, click on “View Transcript” to download a free copy. We recommend you use this copy of the transcript to check that all of your credentials are displayed correctly before you send an official version. You can also keep this copy for your records. However, do not send a copy of your transcript to a college yourself. Most institutions will consider a transcript sent by a student as unofficial and will not accept it. If a credential is missing on your transcript but it shows up on your profile, check to make sure that the credential is set to “Public” so that it can be included.

ACE transcripts are only available for Penn Foster College students who have earned a "C" or higher in an ACE-approved course. ACE transcripts are not available for Career or High School courses or programs.

To request approval of your ACE courses, please go to here.

To set up your Acclaim account, go to here.

Disclaimer: No form of accreditation guarantees that any learning institution will accept credits from any school as transfer credits.

Education Partnerships

Penn Foster has articulation agreements with the following academic institutions that allow our students and graduates to transfer their applicable Penn Foster credits to these schools and earn a higher degree.


If your school is interested in forming an articulation agreement with Penn Foster, please contact Stephanie Schroeder at [email protected].

Need more info or ready to enroll?

We're here to help. Call 1-800-275-4410 (9AM - 9PM ET)